Thursday, January 27, 2011

Importance of a good Headshot

I think it is very interesting to see how some real estate agents market themselves online. There have been a number of times I have clicked on the "About Me" page or have seen business cards with an out of focus, dark unflattering photo. It's no secret that 75% of people start their home/agent search on the web. So why is it when you have that split second chance to make a good first impression, you lose it by not having a professional head shot.

I'm not saying it's an absolute deal breaker, but of course you want that person to connect with you and unfortunately people are very judgmental. A picture can say a lot about a person their character, age, demeanor etc. So why not project that in your photo.

A poorly done headshot can say " Hey nice to meet you! I do things cheap, with as little effort as possible and sleep till noon because I hate going to work"


You want your photo to say " Hello, nice to meet you. I hold myself to a very high standard and do things properly and at 110%. I wake up at 6 am every morning and work out" haha that may be exaggerating but you get the point.

So why is it more agents and professionals have not had headshots done! Is it the price, the hassle, too camera shy, too lazy, don't think its important.....? Are they not serious about being a professional broker/agent? What ever the answer maybe, hopefully they will evaluate their image and want to be viewed as a professional.

What does your head shot say? Does it say I wake up at Noon or 6am?

No comments:

Post a Comment